Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Fun in June

This was the first day I really put shoes on Olen Ray when we were going outside. I don't even think were going anywhere, just thought it would be fun to add some socks and shoes.  Of course he had to have a hat as well to keep the sun out of his eyes.  Pretty cute little bug!

Happy Father's Day!  I dressed Olen Ray in a plaid shirt and khaki shorts before church and put him back in  his crib this morning.  Olen Ray wrapped up his daddy's present in a blanket and so I placed his card there. Then I told Steven to go get Olen Ray up for the day.  He walked in to this and was very excited! We enjoyed a great day as a family.

"Mommy, is this how you spell my name?"  Learning to sit up a little bit in the bumbo. He really liked it for about 15 minutes at the time.  His preference is still playing on his tummy because he seems more comfortable. 
Mommy:  "Olen Ray, this is how you spell your name"
Olen Ray:  "Good job mommy, you keep working on your spelling and
I will work on sucking my thumb so I can have it at night when I lose my paci"
Mommy: "Nope, you aren't going to be a thumb sucker. Here is your paci :-)
"


He loved (and still does) to ride in the Ergo or in a wrap. Sometimes, I would get lucky and he would stay asleep for a little nap once I took him off.  So cute!

We took A LOT of walks in the stroller.  We actually put him back in the carseat and added the adapter for the stroller. He seemed to be more comfortable this way when he could see me on his walks.  He would usually fall asleep pretty quickly and nap for 30-45 minutes.  It was the best view ever while I was walking!

And this my friends is Pedro!  Olen Ray loves to play with this dog and look at himself in the mirror.  Check out the tummy time and that head control. 

Every night before bed I read to him from a Bible Story book.  He LOVES to look at the pictures and colorful pages. 

No comments: