Wednesday, October 31, 2012

4 months

To Olen Ray, 

I can't believe you are already 4 months old. This has been a great month for us all and you are really starting to feel better.  We can tell by all your smiles, funny faces, laughing, and a little more sleeping!

At your 4 month old appointment on July 19th, Dr. Thomas said you looked great.  You got a few more shots (Dtap and PCV) and this time you had a pretty high fever for a few days. 

Here are your stats:
Height: 25 1/4 inches  27%
Weight: 17 lbs 10 ounces  75%
Head Circumference: 42 1/2 inches 46%

You really love to hold things with your hands and will try will all your might to get everything to your mouth; most the time with success.  It is fun to see you learn how to get things in your mouth with such patience. I haven't seen you get upset at all!  Every now and then you can even get your paci in your mouth,  but we usually have to help a little.  Drooling, yeah, you still do that a lot and I wonder if you are going to wake up with some pearly whites soon.  

You can hold toys with one or both hands now and love to look at bright colors.  Mimi found a play mat for you and your favorite thing is the lay on your back and look at yourself in the mirror. Who can blame you though? Such a good looking little guy.  I guess I should apologize about your 4 month pictures. I never really looked at them on the computer until you turned 5 months and they aren't too good.  Looks like you were REALLY tired from your first trip to the beach in NC.

Speaking of the pictures, it does show off your great head control though.  All that tummy time is paying off and we have a strong "doodle bug" on our hands. You really vocalize a lot and make all kinds of vowel sounds.  

You discovered Bailey.  One day she came after dinner and you saw her jump on daddy. You laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. I almost cried it was so great! It was the first time you laughed on your own at something without us trying to get a laugh out of you. Now Bailey comes in every evening so you can have a good laugh before bed. 

Daddy changed jobs this month and that has been an adjustment on us all. He gets home later now but really enjoys his new work so that makes it worth it. No more working weekends though!

Let's see, you have sucked on some watermelon from a fruit net and had your first "milk-sicle" at the beach. You REALLY liked both of these.  You are nursing 7-8 times every 24 hours, still just on one side. I feel like we are in a pretty good rhythm with nursing now. My milk supply has adjusted and you seem to get just what you need.  I do notice some spitting up still, but not too much. 

I must admit that I didn't write much down about sleeping, seems like that topic has haunted us for a while now.  I do remember that I was napping you on your tummy with night time sleep still being on your back.  Seems to work most nights and daddy is helping some when you have rough nights. You are in your crib for your naps and night sleep; still adjusting to being in the pack'n'play when we travel.  Your night routine is the same with bathe and playtime with daddy before bed. Now I nurse you right before putting you down though and "most" of the time you nurse right to sleep.  It seems like this keeps you sleeping for another hour or so during the night. We are doing a dream feed still and that usually carries you until 2:00 or 3:00 (or so I remember). 

Melt, yes, that is what my heart does when you smile and laugh.  It happens every time! I can be in the other room and hear you laugh with daddy and a smile just appears on my face. I think it is an automatic response directly linked to an increase in joy in my heart.  You are still such a sweet boy with a joyous heart. The world loves you Olen Ray, so stay sweet, stay little, and stay you.

Love, Mommy and (Daddy) 





No comments: